Sunday, October 21, 2007

late night overload

I had the impression that once I mastered some techniques I might find I enjoy some of my classes. Unfortunately, I've yet to see real...draw or pull...in any of my subjects. Instead I find myself rather discouraged [at times] by the mountain load of homework that piles up so easily. I'm just trying to stay on top of it with my flag planted declaring "this is my land."

Otherwise, it'll bury me.

I am enjoying filling out my accounting set. Besides the part where I have to figure out where everything goes. I like writing. Neatly printing each number and word in the appropriate spots.

It's sort of like coloring in the lines in a coloring book. Except, at a much more advanced level.

I normally write on notebook paper--I like to have the lines to follow. I adore lines. So, imagine my entirely enthralled mind at the prospect of an entire accounting book with lines. Actually, I wasn't that excited. In fact, it's pathetic that this is the only thing I find a little amount of joy in pertaining to school.

But, I'm looking.

I really do like lines. Mmm. Lines are there for protection, instruction...etc.

Despite my first impression, if we continue to be required to print neatly and within lines in my accounting class--I may just have a little bit of "fun."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Besides the homework, do you enjoy the "learning" for learning sake? Anything interesting?
What do you like at home? Are you "hands on" or "bookwork"?

Anonymous said...

I hate lines-can't stay in them. I think I failed coloring in Kindergarten.

annie said...

i like lines too!

and this is definitely you.
a very anna post.

kibbe said...

I like that you like lines...so many people say they think they're artistically stunting...i beg to differ. They are only an artistic stumbling block if you let them be. Look at the lines of a beautiful building or the horizon on the sea. If something- a room for instance- is chaos and you clean a line -say a kitchen counter or a floor- it brings order. I think lines can be a very good thing indeed!