Wednesday, March 14, 2007


I went to the park today.
I slid down the metal slide, swung on the swings and spun on the Carousal.

This park is one of the last ones around here retaining the "dangerous" equipment, such as: the tall metal slide. Imaginge how brutally this rusted metal slide could hurt some poor innocent child. HAH.
Slide at your own risk is what I say. Give us short and plastic slides and the fun is zapped out of it.
I relish the moments climbing up the steep steps to the tippy top. Sitting down and whoosh--sliding at a rapid speed down, down, down. The cool metal beneath and the ride not ending in a mere second; but instead lasting a thrilling moment.

It's even better when there's snow on it. Now that is dangerous,
slide at your own risk. (:

Hooray for tall metal slides.

I love taking pictures. <3

4 comments:

faith said...

I miss slides! The zoo used to have a great tall metal one. Now they are all short and plastic. Where is the fun in that?

Jeanne said...

I remember when we had first moved to Ukraine, we went on a picnic with another family. There were some slides and other stuff around BUT the slides were made of concrete! Yeah, not a lot of sliding power and lots of holes in the pants/shorts!

Anonymous said...

EWW! I always hit the slide on the hottest days! Ouch!

Jane said...

Yeah, I stopped liking slides when I went down a metal one in 110 degree wheather. Vegas is hot in the summer time. But I love swings. When we finally get our own house, I wanna lots of swings.