Friday, November 30, 2007

The Christmas Spirit of Giving.

"Tis better to give then to receive."
I need to buy a camera. This camera: Canon Rebel XTi. It costs approximately $700. We currently are about $700 dollars away from our goal.

In the spirit of the holiday I'm offering you a chance to give.

*I accept any amount, but we have special categories you can reach + receive benefits (listed below). Please consider becoming a:


$10--"Bronze Benefactor"
--I write you a thank you note.

$25--"Silver Star"
--I write you a thank you note.
--If I get my camera I will take your picture, post it on my blog along with your name on the "Lucky Star" wall of fame.

$50--"Gold"
--I write you a thank you note.
--You are gold
--Your picture + name appear on my blog on the "Gold" wall of fame.
--When I get my camera I take a picture of you, professionally print it and give you a copy with my signature to cherish forever (for all time).

If you give over $50, you reach the status of "Life Hero"
--All of the above, and,
--Once a year for 5 years I change the name of my blog to "Thank you, (your name here)!"
--In the span of the next 2 years, twice a year I dedicate a long post to you, my Life Hero.

Contact me for more information or to learn how you can get on the monthly donation plan.

Merry Christmas.

7 comments:

faith said...

ha! I love this. I am tempted to do the last just so I can have your blog named after me.

Anna P said...

I'm very tempted as well. Two posts a year about me, your life hero? Hmm, this may be too good to pass up.

Is it a digital or film camera? That may sway my decision.

How is the money raising coming?

Anna P said...

Hmm, you guessed correctly about how I am now swayed, but I do understand why.

If I were to give, say at the "Life Hero" level, is this a monthly commitment or a one time gift to achieve this level?

Anonymous said...

I think this is Hayley's dream camera too. Wouldn't give it to her 'cuz I never SEE any pictures she takes. I think the $50 level should receive a WEEKLY subscription to photos.

kibbe said...

I'm giving something because I think this is a brilliant campaign! Now, you have to pray in some big sales for the store because how much you get depends on how much I earn!:)

linnea said...

anna, you are a smart cookie! I am going to start a blog about how i would like money to send us home for christmas!!

Anna P said...

I would help the cause, Linnea!