Monday, February 12, 2007

A distinct sound when shaken...

I've wanted to do a new puzzle for a while now. I have around the amount of twelve in my closet. All of which I have done, some more than once. There is something satisfying in fitting together piece after piece. A steady two hours of work and concentration. And then, stepping back you glimpse the final picture, a beautiful landscape of trees on an open field; a sailboat in the midst of sparkling blue waters or a happy scene of people in a quaint old town. While I am doing the puzzle I concentrate on one area at a time. Which seems to be somewhat like life. I spend my time doing/working to accomplish a few specific things at a time. It may seem like my time is being spent in a monotonous fashion, but, it's only because I cannot see the big picture.
While I am still trying to complete the puzzle,
God can all ready see the finish product.

All the pieces buddy up and connect. On some occasions you have to throw out some pieces that have sneakily made their way into the wrong puzzle box. However, the majority of the pieces will fit together after sorting the edges from the middles and connecting the rigged edges.

I want to do a puzzle. Preferably one equipped with 5000 pieces.

Maybe one will arrive in the mail. :D I'll shake it and listen for the clashing together of thousands of pieces waiting to be constructed into something grand.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Good insight, Anna.

I know a bit how you feel about puzzles. I like 'em too. I just don't do them as much. I'd rather be talking to me friends or somethin.

Josiah said...

*puzzles are fun*

Jane said...

Where are ya, Anna? Just curious, no worries. Alot of others have seemed to disappear, too. Kinda funki I think.