Sunday, August 26, 2007

'Wicked'

Each of the attendees of Amanda's surprise birthday party were politely requested to wear a costume imitating that of a Broadway character. Originally I was against dressing up because I felt rather lazy.

But, then the idea struck me as exciting.
and about two hours before the party began Sarah helped me whip up a costume.
I like to dress-up on occasion. This time was no exception. After the last green touch of pencil I got in my car, drove to the party and enjoyed myself as the witch from 'wicked'.
On the way over at the first red light I was next to an eighteen wheeler. This was good because no one could see my green face. I escaped causing anyone to have a heart attack or anything of such lethality. At the second red light I wasn't so fortunate...
so, when the people in the surrounding cars looked over--I waved.
Better a happy green-faced person then a mean one. Although, I must admit--I thought it would be rather humorous to do the ole' smash your face up against the window and smear it down trick. I would have loved to see the reactions.

4 comments:

annie said...

ah! haha! aaaahahaha! oh man!

i'm picturing you waving at people at the red light...

and i'm laughing...

Anonymous said...

You should have gotten the Best Dress award. I don't know if I would have had the courage to do that.

Rachel Taylor said...

What were you Elizabeth?

linnea said...

OK...anna you look so cute!! LOVE IT.

i'm sad i missed out on a costume party!!

yea, and i am curious as well about elizabeth's character?

was she marian the librarian from 'The Music Man?'

or maybe Eliza Doolittle?