Thursday, November 15, 2007

morning musings

"In ten minutes a creepy man is going to rob our house." Luke told me.

After this startling revelation Luke went on to explain why. He informed me that he had seen a creepy man in a truck ride around our neighborhood TWICE.

"...and now the guy has seen mom and Hope leave..." he said in a matter of fact tone.

I started laughing. So much so that I ended up in a heap on the floor.

After this fit of laughter I went back over to the computer and sat munching thoughtfully on my pineapple.

Luke starts pointing out the bay window. "ANNA--the truck is in the driveway!!!" he shouted dramatically from the kitchen. His expression was one of of shock. My heart did a thump thump and a jump. I sat in fright for a few seconds until...

I saw Luke's face. He started laughing at how he had scared me.

I went to my room and as I was walking back out to the kitchen I heard knocking at the door. I don't know why a robber would knock. But, I jumped a little thinking it might be the guy. Luke started laughing as he stopped knocking. He laughed at me.

I'm just waiting for him to do something else...

I'm prepared now.

---------------------------------------------------------

Luke and I both don't like to answer the phone. So, Luke said we should take turns. Thus, Luke answered the first phone call and I was SUPPOSED to answer the second one. However, I kept laughing for no apparent reason. It's been like that all day. I finally picked the phone up and was about to say hello when Luke made a loud, obnoxious sound. I started laughing and hung up on whomever it was. Then the phone rang again and I tried to control my laughter...but, to no avail. So, Luke answered. He says I have to answer the next two phone calls.

I am hoping no one will call.

3 comments:

annie said...

hahaha...

hahahahah...

hahaha!

Unknown said...

I hate answering the phone at home. because we have no caller ID.

kibbe said...

Luke obviously has your dad's joke-gene....