Wednesday, November 14, 2007

abcds.

I made it through my classes.

Unfortunately, I've proven it over and over again that I'm a real dumb dumb at taking tests. I cannot interpret what the teacher is asking in multiple choice questions. I absolutely fail when it comes to answering those things. I can get all the problems done perfectly, but, when I have to circle a, b, c, or d I panic. If it is NOT termed the way I remember it I lose it and don't sit and think about it critically. I just get all sweaty and wonder when we covered that certain material. It must have been that day they secretly met without me. The thing is...the teacher isn't trying to trick me. But, I get it into my mind that she is messing with the words just to confuse me. Ugh. I'm so horrible at multiple choice IT actually is funny [in that pathetic sort of way].
For instance, if in my notes I had written: Yellow + blue = green
and the question on the multiple choice asked: Green = what two colors?
I'd get it right. Because that's a really easy question. But, you see how they are phrased differently? That's what messes with my mind. Plus, how teachers will throw in words like "veraciously." I'll concentrate so much on that one word, I neglect what the question is asking.
It's frustrating because I know the material. Dang it. If it weren't for multiple choices--I'd be scoring hundreds on all my tests.
Unfortunately, I'll have to settle for something in the nineties.


3 comments:

emma! said...

oh you poor little thing. you have to settle for the 90's... so sad.

Rachel Taylor said...

Ha ha. I love multiple choice! And tests. I am just your opposite (you know what they say about opposites attracting =), I am a fabulous test taker...but I neglect to know the material..so if I knew the material I would get A's...however I have to settle for somewhere in the 90's..ha ha

Anonymous said...

Wah. My French teacher told me in 10th grade, while mortified in getting a "C", that in a few years I'd never remember getting that grade. Humph! It's the only grade I remember. IF I got any "A"s or "B"s, I don't remember.
Her point being, the grades won't matter so much later, but remembering the stuff would be nice.