Friday, November 9, 2007

Time.

Last night my thoughts wouldn't shut off, my light bulb burnt out and I slept with my socks on. All of which are relatively abnormal. During school days it doesn't take much for me to fall asleep. Normally I'm just thankful to get five hours. However, last night stress was prevalent, and evident, but excitement exceeded both. There is always something to look forward to; even when the present is so hard to get through.

My lightbulb burnt out because I keep it on almost 24/7. I love the light--it exposes the dark.

I never sleep with my socks on. That was very bizare...I can't explain that one. But, then again...I don't really care to know the answer. It's not important.

This blog post is jumping. My thoughts are still scattered. I'll write one more random thought and then go attempt to pursue something with a little more order.

Recently I've trained myself into the habit of ironing my clothes. I don't mind trucking downstairs with a shirt or two or perhaps some pants. The result is worth the time it takes. It just makes it better. Almost like the satisfaction of clean sheets.

Life has a way about it and I just have to continue on, wending my way down its path. The warmth that lingers on an ironed shirt, the replacement of a light bulb, or the way a leaf will fall almost as if it is dancing... can most definately help. Sometimes the little things are the things that get me through.

4 comments:

Rachel Taylor said...

I like your thoughts ;)

kibbe said...

I used to sleep with socks on as a wee little child. But...then I spent the night at my great aunt Nell's, who was a child psychologist with no kids of her own. I was around 7 years old. As she tucked me in she made me take off my socks insisting, vehemently to my young ears, that my feet would fall off if I slept with them on. It never occurred to me to question that since I had always previously slept with them on and my feet were still intact. Between that and the stuffed fox in the guest room with me, I never slept over again, but, I haven't worn socks to bed since then. Sad,no?

annie said...

amen, amen, to your last sentence.

and bravo to your first sentence! quirky first sentences are some of my favorite things in life. haha.

Anonymous said...

Ironing. The mundane can be very calming. Changing a light bulb-a little accomplishment in a sea of things to do.A leaf dancing-telling us God has a season for everything, a happy, colorful joy in our ordinary days.
Kibbe: A child psychologist with no kids?! Pretty amusing!