Sunday, November 11, 2007

hurried seconds

Another crazy Sunday night for the procrastinator. It just means a little less sleep and a lot more stress. Although, this weekend I have had ample amounts of excuses to defend my lack of studying. Including three parties [the first one I decided to miss because I knew I should study instead].

It was good to see familiar faces on Thursday night. My sister came home for the weekend and we went out to eat at La Tol Teca. In addition, that same night, I played pick-up volleyball at Bennet. It has become a much anticipated thing, for me, over the few years I've played there. In the fall through the winter the school lends out its gym to anyone who wishes to show up and play co-ed, pick-up volleyball. To my delight I'm normally one of the youngest there. Over the years the same people come out to play with a few newbies trickling in every once in a while. Unfortunately, there are multiple people missing this year, including Sarah. Consequently, a missing person [a very good friend] can make it sad.

But, oh--I love volleyball. Thursday nights are still fun.

As for Friday night--I went to the 2nd party. It was a smashing surprise. I spent the majority of the day happily driving around helping set it up. I enjoyed the company of my friend. We played extreme dodge ball on an indoor soccer field: parents included. Some of the men were getting quite competitive + a good many of the guys had excellent throwing arms. In comparison I really stink at throwing. When I throw a ball it goes a few feet and then weakly hits the ground with a dull and pathetic thud. Yes, it is quite sad. But, I can dodge and catch. So, that works.

I worked 8-4:30 on Saturday then picked up some friends, bought some clothes hangers to roast marshmellows on and headed to the 3rd party. As for today: Church, lunch with the family, and then accounting homework. Now excel and later on tonight macro and English.

See? I was and am slightly busy.

Nevertheless, complete all my work I shall.

Time doesn't stop moving.

1 comment:

annie said...

buuuu-sy. for real.

volleyball--i'd love to join you guys. for real.

i think i'll end every sentence that way. for real.